PMFN Seeking Corporations Directors
The Pic Mobert First Nation is seeking applications from Pic Mobert First Nation Band members for possible appointment to the Boards of Directors of various corporations within which our First Nation holds an ownership interest.
We currently have vacancies for director positions for the Boards of the following corporations:
- Gitchi Animki Energy Corp., general partner for the Gitchi Animki Energy Limited Partnership (holds our ownership interest in the hydro projects)
- Giizis Power GP Corp., the general partner for the Giizis Power Limited Partnership (holds our ownership interest in various solar energy projects)
- Bmi-Maamwigaaboo Conracting GP Corp., the general partner for the Bmi-Maamwigaaboo Contracting Limited Partnership (a 50/50 joint venture with Pic River First Nation for projects undertaken on the Hemlo Barrick mine site.)
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be eligible to be considered:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have been found under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 (Ontario) or under the Mental Health Act (Ontario) to be incapable of managing property or who has been found to be incapable by a court of Canada or elsewhere.
- Must not currently have the status of bankrupt.
You must also be prepared to sign a consent to act as a director, be available to participate in scheduled board activities, and be aware of and in agreement with your responsibilities and liabilities as a director.
Applicants should also have the following types of backgrounds, although we encourage opportunities for interested and committed persons who wish to contribute to their community and are willing to participate in capacity building activities:
- Interest in and ideally experience in business;
- Specialized skills and knowledge, such as in finance, law, human resources, marketing, operations, forestry, mining, construction, etc.
Our boards provide a reasonable per-diem for time spent along with reimbursement of any out of pocket expenses. Meetings are held both in person and by conference call.
If you are interested, please submit a resume with a short covering letter which includes a listing of the boards that you are interested in being considered for, to:
Norman R. Jaehrling
Chief Executive Officer
Pic Mobert First Nation Anishinabek
Office: (807)822-2134 ext. 223
Please submit your applications by 4 p.m., Friday September 15, 2017.