Notice Re: Anishinabek Nation Education Agreement
A vote will be held on November 28 to December 2, 2016 to ratify the Anishinabek Nation Education Agreement between Pic Mobert First Nation and Canada.
The Ballot question is:
Do you approve the Anishinabek Nation Education Agreement and acknowledge the First Nation Constitution?
You are eligible to vote if you are 18 years of age or older by the end of the Voting Period and your name appears on the band list or you are entitled to have your name appear on the band list. You will be required to produce identification in order to vote. To confirm your name is on the Eligible Voters List or to receive instructions on the process to request changes to the Eligible Voters List, contact the First Nation Ratification Officer in person, by email, facsimile, or by phone number found at the end of this notice.
Off-Reserve Voting Stations will be open November 28 and 29, 2016 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Toronto: Native Canadian Centre of Toronto, 16 Spadina Road, Toronto, Ontario
- Thunder Bay: Victoria Inn, Carlton Room, 555 Arthur Street West, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Sault Ste. Marie: The Indian Friendship Centre in Sault St. Marie, 122 East Street, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
- Sudbury: N’Swakamok Native Friendship Centre, 110 Elm Street, Sudbury, Ontario
- London: N’Amerind Friendship Centre, 260 Colborne Street, London, Ontario
Voting on-Reserve will take place on November 30, December 1 and 2, 2016 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Voting stations will be located at: LOCATION: Community
Voting may occur at each information session.
You are also able to vote by mail-in Ballot. In order to receive a mail-in Ballot, request a mail-in Ballot by mail, email, facsimile, phone, or in person from the Ratification Officer or an Urban Ratification Officer at the address below.
You may only vote once.
All votes will be counted at the First Nation Voting Station located at Community Rec Hall, 112 First Street, Pic Mobert First Nation after the close of polls on the Voting Period.