Job Postings – Netamisakomik Centre for Education: School Wellness Worker (1 Year Contract)
Pic Mobert First Nation is currently accepting resumes for a School Wellness Worker at Netamisakomik Centre for Education for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. The successful applicant will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team working directly with administration, staff, students and families.
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Experience working with high needs students
- Experience with behavioural management
- Highly motivated and committed to student learning
- Good team work ethics and a role model to youth
- Experience working with First Nation youth would be an asset
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
- Work collaboratively with administration and teachers to plan/organize and implement activities that promote healthy life styles
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Working with students one-on-one, in small groups and whole groups
- Provide support in responses to crisis/tragic events
- Liaise with community agencies to ensure effective responses to students and families
- Provide professional development opportunities as directed
- Carry out other professional duties as assigned
- Candidates will be required to provide a vulnerable sector check and complete a drug screening test prior to employment taking place.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references by Monday October 15, 2018 to Jacky Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org.