Job Postings – Netamisakomik Centre for Education: Grade 3/4 Teacher and Literacy Teacher
Pic Mobert First Nation is currently accepting resumes for a Grade 3/4 teacher and a Literacy teacher for Netamisakomik Centre for Education for the 18/19 school year starting immediately.
- Work collaboratively with administration to plan, organize, and adapt lessons to meet the needs of the students
- Membership in good standing with OCT
- Qualifications for Primary/Junior/Intermediate Level
- Possess a valid criminal record check
- Familiar with the Ontario Curriculum
- Appreciation and understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work with a student one-on-one, in a small group and whole group setting
- Ensure the students have a positive, healthy educational experience
- Assess students’ skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, counsellors, and administration.
- Ontario College of Teachers Certificate
- Experience working with high needs students
- Experience with behavioural management
- Experience developing and implementing IEP’s
- Knowledge of literacy and numeracy programs
- Highly motivated and committed to student learning
- Good team work ethics and a role model to youth. As a role model for youth, it is imperative that you are living a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
- Candidates will be required to provide a police record check, including vulnerable persons check, and complete a drug screening test prior to any offers of employment taking place.
Send resume and cover letter by Monday October 15, 2018 to Jacky Craig @ firstname.lastname@example.org