Job Posting – White Lake Limited Partnership: Forestry Human Resources Strategy Project Coordinator
The White Lake Limited Partnership is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Pic Mobert First Nation (Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg) mandated to develop and operate business contracts and ventures for the benefit of the Pic Mobert First Nation and its members.
White Lake Limited Partnership (WLLP), acting on behalf of its various partners and associated ventures in the area forest industry, has secured funding from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) to carry out the development of a human resources strategy for the forest industry principally in the White River/Hornepayne area, encompassing numerous First Nations.
Reporting to the CEO, and working closely with a Joint Planning Committee of stakeholders, the Project Coordinator will:
- Develop a detailed inception/work plan;
- Assist with recruitment and thereafter providing structure and supervision to the Research and Engagement Assistant (who among other things will be available to provide direct support on all project deliverables);
- Organizing and coordinating a Joint Planning Committee including organization of meetings, meeting notifications and logistical arrangements, preparation of agendas, preparation of meetings;
- Organizing, conducting, compiling and analyzing all related research;
- Organizing, conducting, compiling and analyzing all related consultation and engagement activities;
- Developing interim, draft final and final reports as directed by WLLP;
- Participating with WLLP personnel in the preparation of the final report to MAESD.
Applicants should have prior training, experience and skills in:
- Project planning and management;
- Human resources planning & the development of training strategies;
- Stakeholder engagement and consultation;
- Development of the Indigenous workforce;
- Knowledge of Ontario, federal and Indigenous organizations that are engaged in supporting and delivering training for Indigenous and other populations.
Familiarity with the forest industry would be helpful.
Applications from members of our First Nation and other Indigenous communities are strongly encouraged.
You must have the ability to work under pressure and still meet up with given deadlines, have good negotiation skills, have a notably pleasant character and be flexible and be able to multi-task. You have strong computer skills, a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for business travel (expenses will be paid). You should be available to attend meetings outside of regular office hours if required and be available to travel within and out of the area from time to time. You are self-motivated and can work independently.
This is a busy and diverse position and will demand a high level of commitment. We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual whose aspirations and accomplishments demonstrate a passion and unfettered commitment to achieving excellence in the development of the Indigenous workforce.
This position will ideally be based within our offices in Mobert, however we are willing to consider other arrangements if necessary.
The position starts immediately upon hiring and applicants should be available to commence work in the near future.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Norman Jaehrling, CEO
White Lake Resources Corp.
General Partner for the White Lake Limited Partnership
P.O. Box 717
Cel: (705) 971-4508
Your application must include a resume and a cover letter that explains how your interests and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Applications must be marked: Competition – Forestry Human Resources Strategy – Project Coordinator
Applications are due by 4 p.m., Friday, June 22, 2018.