Job Posting – Supercom: Business Project Manager
Supercom Industries (GP) Corp. is the general partner for Supercom Industries LP, a partnership of Michipicoten First Nation, Netamisakomik Anishnabek (Pic Mobert), Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River), Pays Plat First Nation, Red Rock Indian Band and Fort William First Nation. Supercom was formed by our First Nations to deliver employment, training and business opportunities related to the $700+ million East West Tie transmission development that will commence construction in 2018 across our collective traditional territories and reserve lands.
Supercom is currently seeking a Business Project Manager to coordinate and manage our various business services and contracts including:
- Developing, concluding, implementing and/or managing numerous major business contracts and relationships with a wide range of private sector partners to execute some $100+ million in subcontracts in disciplines ranging from clearing and access road development, worker camps, environmental and engineering services, construction mats, among others;
- Identifying and engaging smaller businesses and entrepreneurs from the Supercom communities to raise awareness of business and contracting opportunities, and to support these individuals and companies to pursue, negotiate and contract or supply and service contracts with our major subcontract partners;
- Coordinating efforts with the Coordinator of Employment & Training Programs and related staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in business, management, public administration and finance or an equivalent of education and experience;
- At least 5 years of business and management experience;
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of constantly changing demands and pressures while continuing to advance on the strategic direction of the organization and our communities;
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office programs;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Effective and proven project and program planning and management capabilities;
- Effective and proven negotiation skills;
- Exceptional public relations and conflict management skills;
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable, personal vehicle;
- Ability to work effectively with varying personalities;
- Provide a current credit bureau report, CPIC and drug test, the results of which are satisfactory to the employer, in its sole discretion;
- Ability to work irregular and extended hours and to travel regularly
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
This is a full-time, contract position that will be based in one of our communities and will demand a very high level of commitment. We are seeking a highly motivated and capable individual whose aspirations and accomplishments demonstrate a passion and unfettered commitment to achieving excellence in the economic development of First Nations and the development of Indigenous owned and co-owned enterprises.
Indigenous persons, especially qualified members of our partner First Nations are strongly encouraged to apply.
For the right candidate, we are offering a competitive compensation package including a competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications.
Further information on our organization can be found at our website: www.supercomindustries.com
Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Friday December 22nd , 2017.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Director, Supercom Industries Corp.
Tel: (807) 887-2510 ext. 236
Applications must include a current resume and a comprehensive forwarding letter which clearly explains how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Applications should be clearly marked: Competition/ Business Project Manager
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.