Job Posting – Pic Mobert First Nation: Water Works Class 1 Operator/Lead Hand
Working under the direction of The Overall Responsible Operator (ORO) the Water Works class 1 Operator/Lead Hand is generally responsible for the day to day operation and maintenance of the water works systems and other infrastructure projects and operations. The Operator is directly accountable for working under the direction of the ORO to ensure a continuously safe drinking water supply for the Pic Mobert First Nation community, including ensuring that the water works systems is operated and monitored to ensure continuous compliance with all applicable regulations and legislation.
The principal Duties and Responsibilities of the position are:
- Support all aspects of the daily operations of the water plants and related infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with facilities performance objectives;
- Operate the plant in accordance with the approved operating procedures and protocols;
- Draw samples for laboratory chemical and bacteriological analysis;
- Record readings from instrument;
- Analyze instruments’ reading and make necessary adjustments to equipment;
- Complete operational inspections and housekeeping in designed sections of the plant;
- Perform routine maintenance, cleaning and repairing of plant equipment and pumps;
- Ensure safety issues are promptly reported to supervisor;
- With the ORO implement a maintenance management system/preventative maintenance plan;
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance diagnostics and ensure operation within manufacturers parameters;
- Work collaboratively with others and other departments to ensure effective decision making.
- Class I Water Treatment Operator License
- Grade 12 or GED
- Committed to working to achieve Class II Water Treatment Operator License Employment Conditions:
- Provide a recent, last 3 months, CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check;
- Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening test;
- Mandatory random drug screening tests.
CLOSING DATE: Only applications received by Friday May 25, 2018 will be considered.
Please send a cover letter with a resume, and a current criminal reference check to Shawn Desmoulin, Housing and Public Works, by email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org by fax at: 807-822- 2850.
We thank all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.