Job Posting – Pic Mobert First Nation: Land Based/Recreation Program Coordinator
Full-time 3 Year Position, salary based on qualifications.
The Land-Based/Recreation Program Coordinator will plan, organize and implement traditional land based camps for children, youth, elders and groups. The camp would be used approximately 5 months per year, offering programming that is culturally based, promotes healing, and supports the use of the Ojibway language and our understanding of the world. The Land Based Program Coordinator will also operate programming in the community related to traditional recreation activities, games, sports and nutrition. He or she will work under the direction of the Health and Social Services Manager as part of the Health and Social Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in running land based camps and doing land based activities like hunting, trapping, fishing, crafts, etc, with at least some college or equivalent in terms of reading, writing and computer skills
- Acknowledged by the community as an Elder or as having Elder-type values and qualities
- Good oral and written communication skills, solid peer counselling and life skills experience, ability to speak in front of small groups to deliver teachings and run activities
- Demonstrated experience in setting up, planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating culturally appropriate, land based programming. Able to work within budgets, developing program policies, and completing program reports and evaluations
- Working knowledge of Ojibway and our customs, language, spiritual traditions, culture, values, traditional family roles, land based skills, etc. Ability to teach on these areas
- Understanding of the historic intergenerational trauma and its impacts. Able to work with people dealing with these issues
- Some knowledge of traditional recreational sports and traditional nutrition and the ability to deliver related programming
- Ability to work flexible weeks, evenings, and stays at the camp for up to 14 days
- Role model of a healthy life style and be on a good healing journey
- Clear Criminal Record Check and able to pass random Drug Screening
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence
Deadline to submit Resume and Cover Letter: May 23, 2018
Please submit resumes to Rosalind Andrews Health and Social Manaer, Box 683, Mobert, ON, P0M 2J0,
Fax 807-822- 2975. Email: email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.