Job Posting – Pic Mobert First Nation: Land Based Program Assistant
Half-time 2.5 Year Position, salary based on qualifications.
The Land-Based Program Assistant will help plan, organize and implement traditional land based camps for children, youth, elders and groups. The camp would be used approximately 5 months per year for the 3 years of the project, offering programming that is culturally based, promotes healing, and supports the use of the Ojibway language and our understanding of the world. The Land Based Program Assistant will also help run programming in the community related to traditional recreation activities, games, sports and nutrition.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in running land based camps and doing land based activities like hunting, trapping, fishing, crafts, etc.
- Acknowledged by the community as having Elder-type values and qualities
- Good oral communication skills, ability to deliver teachings, implement and manage activities
- Working knowledge of Ojibway customs, language, spiritual traditions, culture, values, traditional family roles, land based skills, etc.
- Understanding of the historic intergenerational trauma and its impacts. Able to support people dealing with these issues
- Some knowledge of traditional recreational sports and traditional nutrition and the ability to deliver related programming
- Ability to work flexible weeks, evenings, and stay at the camp for up to 14 days
- Role model of a healthy life style and being on a healing journey
- Clear Criminal Record Check and able to pass random Drug Screening
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence
Deadline to submit Resume and Cover Letter: May 23, 2018
Please submit resumes to Rosalind Andrews Health and Social Manager, Box 683, Mobert, ON, P0M 2J0,
Fax 807-822- 2975. Email: email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.