Job Posting – Pic Mobert First Nation: Community Housing Coordinator
The Pic Mobert First Nation is an Ojibway Community of approximately 350 people that owns and operates a diverse portfolio of assets including some 100+ community-owned homes.
The Community Housing Coordinator will have overall responsibility for the development, implementation and enforcement of administrative, financial and other policies, procedures and programs related to community housing, and the collection of rent and related user fees. This will include working closely with Management, the Chief and Council and the Community Housing Committee on ensuring a successful and sustainable community housing program.
The principal Duties and Responsibilities of the position are:
- Work closely with and provide support to the Community Housing Committee to develop, update, monitor and enforce policies and programs related to community housing;
- Receive, review, verify and manage housing applications and the waiting list for housing;
- Receive, record and enforce rental payments and other related user fees, including providing notification of late payments and negotiation of repayment plans as required;
- Assist with the development, monitoring and management of the community housing budget;
- Assist with the development and drafting of funding proposals related to housing;
- Develop and deliver a tenant orientation and training program;
- Maintain program files including records for tenants and individual units including paper files and electronic records;
- Perform other related duties as may be required and assigned.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office programs including excel;
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken – ability to write clear correspondence including emails, letters, memos and reports;
- Comfort and ability to counsel tenants on enforcement matters including rental collections;
- Experience with financial management, budgeting;
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement, analytical and decision making skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines and commitments;
- Reliable and accountable;
- Awareness of and/or experience with working with the administration of community housing programs, issues and opportunities;
- a Grade 12 diploma or education/work experience combination may be considered;
- Provide positive credit references;
- A valid drivers license and ideally access to a reliable vehicle.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug test, provide a satisfactory criminal records check and be current on all financial commitments to the Pic Mobert First Nation, prior to commencing employment.
This is a full-time position and will demand a high level of commitment. We are seeking a highly motivated individual whose aspirations and accomplishments demonstrate a passion and unfettered commitment to achieving excellence in the field of public housing and infrastructure.
Further information on our First Nation can be found at our website www.picmobert.ca
Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Wednesday March 28, 2018. Previous applicants need not reapply as your resumes have been retained.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Band General Manager
Pic Mobert First Nation
P.O. Box 717
Mobert, ON P0M 2J0
Tel: (807) 822-2134
Fax: (807) 822-2850
Applications should be clearly marked: Competition – Housing Coordinator
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.