Job Posting – Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space: Registered Early Childhood Education Supervisor
Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space – Pic Mobert, ON
The Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space is a newly created childcare facility located in the Netamisakomik Centre for Education – its goal is to develop an excellent reputation within the childcare field as a leader in child development. Our environment makes early childhood education interesting and interactive, inspiring a sense of exploration and a positive attitude towards learning that will last a lifetime. We are currently looking for a full time Early Childhood Educaton Supervisor.
The Centre Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and leading the work of all staff at the childcare centre. This involves planning, implementing and supervising all activities at the centre to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children in the program in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the day to day operations of the childcare facility, including scheduling for business needs, opening and closing procedures, ready for business standards and delegation and execution of duties;
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant legislative requirements are met with 100% compliance, including Children and Family Services/Daycare licensing, Public Health Department, Fire Department, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act;
- Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding client relations, Centre cleanliness, program development, classroom leadership, health and safety practices, uniform standards, staff relations, and compliance with corporate programs;
- Recruits and selects qualified staff in conjunction with Area Directors and Human Resources and oversees staff development through on-going training, performance appraisals, discipline and fair and consistent leadership;
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action, with the assistance of the Health and Social Manager, when necessary.
- Ensures the centre is ready for business with all necessary supplies and equipment such as arts and crafts, large furnishings, cleaning supplies, office equipment and children’s toys;
- Foster a spirit of teamwork that allows staff to have respectful disagreements over ideas, provides effective conflict resolution and supports an appreciation of diversity
- Maintains enrollment expectations through on-going communication with all families, accurate administration, and agency promotion
- Promotes open communication and teamwork with all staff through personal example and use of
positive employee relations techniques;
- Maintain employee work schedules including projects, job rotation, training, vacations and paid/unpaid time off, cover for absenteeism and overtime scheduling;
- Maintains positive community relations through attending outside meetings and committees, networking with community agencies, accessing the changing needs of the community
- Resolves parent complaints through excellence in customer service and adherence to policy guidelines and efficient follow up;
- Accurately performs administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Be familiar with all the Centre’s emergency procedures
- Performs other related assignments as required
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an Early Childhood Educator
- Early Childhood Educator Credentials required (Diploma, Certificate or Registration with the College of ECE) as according to applicable provincial regulations
- Knowledge of children’s development, agency policies and human resources procedures
- Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid updated yearly
- Knowledge of Child Care programs
- Thorough knowledge of provincial childcare regulations including all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and E-mail required
- Strong morals and ethics, sound judgment and reasoning skills, along with a commitment to discretion and staff privacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High standard of professionalism
- Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all children and clients are cared for equally and in accordance with Centre’s standards
- Participatory yet assertive management style: leads by personal example, coaching, teamwork, but not hesitant to make decisions and direct activities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to client, children and staff needs as well as communicate with tact and diplomacy
- High energy level with a strong work ethic
- Excellent organization skills to prioritize workload in order to achieve results in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- The applicant must be capable of lifting, pulling and/or pushing up to 45 pounds
- A criminal reference check will be required
- Completed 2 Step TB Immunization (Tetnus, MMR)
- Experience in Early Childhood Administration would be an asset
CLOSING DATE: Only applications received by Friday September 28, 2018 will be considered.
Please send a cover letter with a resume, proof of registration with the College of Early Childhood Education, and current criminal reference check to Carli Duguay, Supervisor of Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space, by email: email@example.com or by fax: 807-822-2627.
We thank all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.