Job Posting – Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space: Program Facilitator for Pic Mobert’s Journeys Together Program
Pic Mobert’s Early Learning Centre is a community based multicultural, multi-service agency which offers a broad range of programs to serve children and families in the community.
Pic Mobert’s Early Learning Centre is a place for children from birth to the age of six, and their parents and caregivers to take part in programs and activities together to facilitate early learning development and school readiness. Parents and caregivers can also receive information regarding their child/ren's development, early intervention and community agencies to develop, enhance and support their development.
The Program Facilitator is responsible for facilitating programs and activities for participating families and children in Pic Mobert. She/he will work as a team with the staff the Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space and will be overseen by the daycare Supervisor. She/he will be responsible for the children, families, and environment that they are in. She/he will also support and actively engage in Pic Mobert’s Children’s Community Space community development principles and initiatives.
- Plans and implements activities including setting up for programs and activities, and cleaning up afterwards
- Facilitate informative programming for parents/caregivers regarding child development and School Readiness
- Collaborates with other service providers in order to facilitate partnerships
- Works as a team with the Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space staff and other community centres as applicable
- Purchases supplies and snacks for programs as needed
- Hours of Work:
This position is a full time position. Successful candidate would be required to work regular hours for 35 hours per week, and flexible between 8.30 AM to 8:00 PM besides evening shifts and weekends as decided by program requirements.
This position will be located at the Family Resource Centre in Pic Mobert, ON. The location for this position may be added or moved to new addresses in the future according to the community and program requirements.
- Supports the Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space in running programs and activities in an efficient manner including providing rotational coverage
- Interacts with the children based on their developmental level
- Interacts with parents who attend the program and inform the supervisor of their needs
- Facilitates and supports the parents with respect to their culture and values
- Provides resources and materials to the parents according to their needs
- Explains the educational purpose of activities to adults if requested
- Prepares reports when needed
- Ensures that all records are kept confidential and secure
- Provides orientation and training for all accepted candidates
- Actively participates in program’s community development activities including advocacy, outreach and community engagement and empowerment activities
- Participates in networks of neighbourhood based service providers
- Nurtures community members for leadership
- Participates in and supports local community events
- Networks with other staff, attends staff meetings, staff social events, community events, staff and agency committees
- Other duties as assigned
- The minimum level of education preferred is a College Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Registered ECE
- Must have High School Diploma
- Must possess successful and valid police clearance for vulnerable sector/ First Aid and CPR certification/ tuberculosis test result
- Must pass a Drug Tes
- One to three years of experience in working with children, and be able to work and communicate with families with children age 0-6. She/he needs to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to work in a wide range of community settings
- Ability to program for children age 0-6
- Experience working with the First Nation Culture
- Good understanding of child development and needs of children
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate sensitively and effectively and build relationships with children and adults in diverse setting
- Proficiency in the use of computers including word and data processing, designing flyers and presentation; projectors, cell phones, phones, fax machines, printers and photocopiers and social media
- Proven experience in team work and also working independently
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
CLOSING DATE: Only applications received by November 23, 2018 will be considered. Please send a cover letter with a resume, proof of registration with the College of Early Childhood Education (if applicable), and current criminal reference check to Tanya Lalonde, Supervisor of Pic Mobert Children’s Community Space, by email: email@example.com or by fax: 807-822-2627.
We thank all that apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.