Job Posting – Nokiiwin Tribal Council: Adult Education Teachers
Teaching Employment Opportunity
Nokiiwin Tribal Council, together with Seven Generations Education Institute is seeking several adult education teachers to teach for the Mino-niigaanendmowin Initiative.
Teachers are sought for the following areas:
- Kiashke Zaaging Anishinaabek (Gull Bay First Nation)
- Pic Mobert First Nation
- Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek (Rocky Bay First Nation)/Beardmore
- Fort William First Nation
Provisions will be made for accommodations where necessary.
Positions will begin in January 2018 and continue for up to two years. Positions will be conditional on enrollment and continued funding.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Ontario Teacher’s College Certification
- Intermediate/Senior Qualifications
- Experience working with First Nations students
- Experience working in unconventional education settings
At this time, Nokiiwin Tribal Council is seeking expressions of interest from any potential teachers who wish to know more about these positions. Please send a short letter (email is preferred) outlining your qualifications and interest to:
Scott Baker, Mino-niigaanendmowin Coordinatior
Nokiiwin Tribal Council
292 South Court Street
Thunder Bay ON P7B 6C6
Phone: 807-474-4230 ext. 4254
Review of letters will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.