Job Posting – Pic Mobert First Nation: Disability Support Worker
Pic Mobert First Nation is looking to hire a Disability Support Worker to work with special needs individuals in the community in practical day to day activities for up to 30 hours per week to the end of March 2018.
Some activities include:
- Assist clients with phone calls and filling out forms
- Provide weekly fun or leisure activities or help them get to community activities which are coming up
- Monitor their living situation and ensure they get support when needed
- Escort to neighbouring community to shop, do banking and/or attend programs
- Informally teach life skills as appropriate, support them with daily logistics and self care
- Supervise when they have community jobs such as piling wood
- This position does not involve home support or medical care
- Other duties as directed by Health and Social Services Director and/or the Band General Manager.
The Employee must meet the following minimum criteria:
- A valid driver’s license
- Proven ability to effectively plan and manage weekly program plans
- Ability to work with difficult clients, to motivate, to exercise good judgment in challenging situations, to show initiative and be proactive.
- Must be available to work irregular hours in order to best meet client needs, including evenings and weekends
- Able to pass a Drug Test, CPIC and Vulnerable Person’s Check.
- Persons of Aboriginal descent, optimally a Member of the Pic Mobert First Nation.
Please submit resumes by 4 p.m. November 20, 2017 to:
Carol Rowland, A/Health and Social Services Director
Phone: 807-822- 2625
Fax: 807-822- 2975