Job Posting – AETS: Regional Eastern Officer
Anishinabek Employment and Training Services has posted for a Regional Eastern Officer. This is a full time position starting by December 2017,for up to a forty-one month contract ending in March 2021. Position will be based in one of the eastern communities of Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River First Nation), Michipicoten First Nation, Pays Plat First Nation or Pic Mobert First Nation.
You are sincere in your passion to assist in the development of a skilled Indigenous workforce, through the provision of individual and community based employment and training initiatives. You have demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service skills and excel at embracing diversity while establishing rapport with clients. The project involves building innovative pathways to Indigenous employment success, in a variety of areas including but not exclusive to the Aviation, Energy, Forestry and Health Sectors.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the incumbent will provide operational support as well as be assigned specific project responsibility related to the organizations’ vision, mission, values and strategic plan that will serve the First Nation Citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities as well as other Indigenous Peoples. The role includes working with staff, committees, stakeholders and clients for a wide variety of duties to:
- Support the project implementation
- Integrate marketing strategies to effectively promote the requirements of the project preparation and training programs, in order to secure interested and eligible candidates
- Participate in the recruitment, screening, selection and orientation of program participants, training providers and employers
- Implement outreach strategies for participant supports to foster success in the program
- Monitor program participants throughout the duration of program
- Work as a liaison between AETS and delivery partners and networks to ensure delivery requirements are fulfilled
- Assist in the delivery of Graduation program for participants
- Interpret program and funding criteria for potential sponsors and ensure compliance
- Maintain all financial records and responsible for reporting to funders through the Executive Director
- Develop collaboration and models of delivery to meet the needs of the community
- Analyse and recommend changes to program criteria, systems and procedures
- Prepare contracts for approved projects
- Monitor all approved projects according to guidelines established by the funding providers and in accordance to AETS Business Plan
- Provide assistance and services for projects, communities and participants as required
- Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Director
Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Business or Education or Social Science related disciplines preferred. Experience in administration and service delivery of labour market programs; or a combination of education & training with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related work experience in administration and service delivery of labour market programs. Excellent interpersonal skills; a strong working knowledge of working with client databases and Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook; previous experience in working with First Nation clients; Valid Class G Driver’s Licence and ability for regular travel to various regional work locations.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter (including the name of your First Nation Community and salary expectations), resume and the names of three references by Friday November 24, 2017 at 12:00pm via email@example.com to:
c/o Anishinabek Employment and Training Services
277 Park Avenue, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 1C4
First Nation Citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities are encouraged to apply. We appreciate your interest; however, only those interviewed will be notified.