Job Posting – Michipicoten First Nation: Human Resources Manager
Under the direction of the Band Manager as part of our team environment, Michipicoten First Nation is seeking a bondable individual to fill the role of Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager will plan, develop and evaluate personnel policies, programs and procedures to maximize
effectiveness of human resources within the First Nation as well as provide advice and guidance on
personnel matters. The central responsibility will be supported by the job duties listed below.
Job Duties (Include but are not limited to)
- Ensure that Band policies and procedures are reviewed and amended as required;
- Ensure the Band Policy Manual is followed and report any discrepancies to the Band Manager;
- Develop, implement and maintain a Worker Well-Being Program for employees to access in regards to matters unrelated to, but affecting their job performance;
- Provide advice to the Band Manager on the interpretation of personnel policies and procedures;
- Plan human resource requirements as directed by the Band Manager;
- Prepare job descriptions, advertise available positions and oversee staff hiring;
- Provide orientation for each new employee;
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Plan and implement generic and topic specific on-the-job training;
- Oversee the maintenance of human resource information and related records;
- All other duties as required.
- College or university degree in personnel management, business administration and/or CHRP designation and/or equivalent experience.
- Preferably at least five years working experience in the area of human resources;
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills, have the ability to work under
pressure and to meet deadlines while being flexible to accommodate shifting priorities;
- Ability to communicate
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite;
- Literacy in Ojibwe an asset
- Experience in program management, project management and staff supervision.
Salary: Commensurate with education
Application Deadline: Friday, August 11, 2017,
Start Date: To be determined
Please forward your resume with a cover letter and three (3) employment related references to:
Michipicoten First Nation
Jessica Webb, Finance/Personnel
107 Hiawatha Drive
Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
For a complete job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michipicoten First Nation strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and
indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Michipicoten First Nation will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
This position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people; therefore Michipicoten First Nation shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite experience; however, all interested parties are encouraged to apply.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work, a CPIC may be required.