Job Posting – MICHIPICOTEN FIRST NATION: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Summary of Function
Under the direction of the Band Manager as part of our team environment, Michipicoten First Nation is seeking an individual to fill the role of Economic Development Officer. The Economic Development Officer will be responsible for implementing the Band Socio-economic Strategy. The central responsibility will be supported by the job duties listed below.
Job Duties (Include but are not limited to):
- Prepare regular briefing notes for submission to the Band Manager;
- Complete grant funding applications and reports and provide supporting project oversight;
- Undertake analysis and evaluation of economic and business development opportunities, and identify strategies to develop these opportunities;
- Organize and facilitate community economic development workshops;
- Oversee, monitor, evaluate and develop current and new economic development
employment and training initiatives;
- Participate in applicable committees, technical working groups, symposiums, conferen
meetings, and consultations;
- All other duties as assigned.
- College or university degree in commerce, economics, community development or a related field and/or a certification as a Professional Economic Developer (Ecd);
- Preferably at least five years working experience in the area of economic development;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable personal vehicle;
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills, have the ability to work under
pressure and to meet deadlines while being flexible to accommodate shifting priorities;
- Ability to negotiate contracts and manage projects;
- Ability to communicate efficiently and diplomatically, both verbally and in writing;
- High level of integrity and work ethic;
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite.
Salary: Commensurate with education and/or experience. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 11, 2017 at 4:30pm (Applications received after this date will not be considered)
Start Date: To be determined
Please forward your resume with a cover letter and three (3) employment related references to:
Michipicoten First Nation
Jessica Webb, Finance/Personnel
107 Hiawatha Drive
Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
For a complete job description please contact email@example.com.
Michipicoten First Nation strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and
indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Michipicoten First Nation will not condone or tolerate any actsof discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
This position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people; therefore Michipicoten First Nation shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience; however, all interested parties are encouraged to apply.