Job Posting – MICHIPICOTEN FIRST NATION: Custodian
Summary of Function
Under the general supervision of the Public Works Administrator, Michipicoten First Nation is seeking an experienced and bondable individual to provide custodial services for all band buildings. These buildings include the Band Hall, public areas in the 10-plex apartment complex, the Medical Centre, the Carpentry Shop and the Maple Street building in Wawa. Work is to be carried out after normal working hours and during weekends, with the occasional need to provide support during normal working hours such as during and after special events.
Job Duties (Include but are not limited to)
- Sweep floors using the dust control system of treated dust mops, clean coffee stains from floors; wipe salt spots from floors in winter; wash and rinse floors;
- Thoroughly clean the washrooms and all washroom fixtures with germicidal cleaner and wipe down bathroom partitions;
- Empty and clean all waste receptacles and dispose of waste in the appropriate dumpster;
- Check and refill dispensers from stock;
- Vacuum entrance mats and corridor mats;
- Wipe glass doors and clean blinds as needed;
- Dust/wipe horizontal surfaces of furniture and business equipment within reasonable reach (i.e. desktops, tables, chairs, shelving, filing cabinets, etc);
- Clean window ledges, railings, doors, painted surfaces and baseboards as required;
- Polish furniture with appropriate furniture polish;
- Clean stove, fridges, microwaves and dispose of leftovers as well as wash and rinse all dishes found throughout the building;
- Keep inventory of cleaning supplies and order replacements as required;
- Wipe fingerprints off photocopier, fax machine and telephones;
- Wash dishcloths, tea towels and table cloths as required;
- Steam clean carpets as required;
- Wash walls within reasonable reach as required;
- Be the lead in project cleaning;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- At least two years of related experience;
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment;
- High level of integrity and work ethic;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable personable vehicle.
Term: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 4, 2017, at 4:30pm (Applications received after this date will not be considered)
Start Date: To be determined
Please forward your resume with a cover letter and three (3) employment related references to:
Michipicoten First Nation
Jessica Webb, Finance/Personnel
107 Hiawatha Drive
Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
For a complete job description please contact email@example.com.
Michipicoten First Nation strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and
indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in
the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Michipicoten First Nation will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.
This position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people; therefore Michipicoten First Nation shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience; however, all interested parties are encouraged to apply.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of building access, a CPIC may be required.