Job Posting – BMI-Maamwigaaboo Limited Partnership: Project Manager
BMI-Maamwigaaboo Limited Partnership is a newly formed partnership of the Pic Mobert First Nation
and the Biigtigong Pic River First Nation to develop and deliver economic opportunities within the
shared territories of our First Nations.
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead and manage an immediate construction contract at the
Barrick Hemlo Site.
Company: BMI-Maamwigaaboo LP
Location: Barrick Gold Tailings Pond
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Type: Full time – Contract
Posting Date: July 28, 2017
Closing Date: August 2nd at 12 noon
Interviews: August 3rd
Description: The project Manager plans and oversees the day to day delivery of assigned projects and
ensures delivery within scope, budget and requirements. You will be able to establish relationships with
staff and client and clarify expectations and adjust priorities accordingly, while communicating results to
key stakeholders. As a seasoned Project Manager, you will take a hands-on approach to coordinate task
completion while overcoming barriers to drive actions forward, and produce measurable outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and oversees the day to day delivery of assigned projects. At this level projects managed
are typically of moderate complexity, and risk.
- Ability to anticipate needs and address emerging issues.
- In collaboration with project stakeholders, defines project scope, deliverables and requirements.
- Develops and implements project plans.
- Determines resource and budget requirements, cost estimates and timelines.
- Identifies project risks and develops and implements mitigation and contingency plans.
- Monitors project delivery against timelines and ensures timely completion while managing the work of team members.
- Oversees the activities of project team members and monitors project task completion.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies
with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements.
- Ownership and responsibility for the overall success of assigned projects.
- Making decisions as needed in a timely manner, sometimes under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Measure performance against goals, evaluate results and hold self and others accountable.
Client Relationship Management:
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with staff and clients.
- Responsible for resolving issues, managing client expectations, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Communicates project status to relevant stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Related Experience:
- 3-5 years construction or contract management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of hauling regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Solid ability to mitigate and manage project risks.
- Superior ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve desired outcomes.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed ability to grow and maintain relationships with project stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to manage client relationships and expectations.
- Ability to manage staff relationships and performance.
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset along with a desire to continuously
seek and incorporate best practice and technologies in order to optimize project delivery and
deliver value to the client.
How to Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by 12pm
Wednesday August 2nd. If you have any questions about this opportunity please call Basil at 807-229-