Notice of Nomination Meeting – Thursday June 22
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the electors of the Pic Mobert First Nation will be held at the Pic Mobert First Nation Community Hall on Thursday, the 22nd day of June, 2017, beginning at 10:00 am and lasting for at least three hours, for the purposes of nominating candidates for Chief and for 9 Councillor positions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES:
- Any elector may nominate candidates by delivering or sending by mail, email or fax to the Electoral Officer a completed, signed and witnessed nomination and voter declaration form before the time set for the nomination meeting, OR by making a nomination orally at the nomination meeting.
- Under the First Nations Elections Act, an elector must not nominate more than one candidate for the position of Chief and for this election, no more than 9 candidates for the position of Councillor.
- The Council of the Pic Mobert First Nation has set a candidate fee in the amount of $250 for the positions of Chief and Councillor.
- Under the First Nations Elections Act, a nominee does not become a candidate until they deliver to the Electoral Officer or Deputy Electoral Officer, by 6 p.m. on Sunday. June 25, 2017, a signed Candidate Declaration form, which can be obtained from the Electoral Officer. The candidate fee for the relevant position must be received by this time as well, in the form of cash, certified cheque, money order or electronic transfer payable to the Electoral Officer.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE ELECTION:
- The election will be held on the Thursday. July 27, 2017 at the Pic Mobert First Nation Community Hall from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- An advance poll will be held on Thursday, July 20, 2017, at the Holiday Inn Express in Thunder Bay, located at 1041 Carrick Street, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., in the Lakehead Room. An advance poll will also be held on Saturday, July 22, 2017, at the Holiday Inn Express in Sault St Marie, located at 320 Bay Street, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., in the Empire B room.
- Any elector may vote by mail-in ballot by submitting a Request for Mail-in Ballot form, which can be obtained from the Electoral Officer, along with a copy of identification, by Friday, July 21, 2017.
- Any elector may permit the Electoral Officer to release their name to the candidates.
Given under my hand this 29th day of May, 2017
PO Box 10
White River ON POM 3GO