Job Postings – Pic Mobert First Nation: Teaching Positions
Pic Mobert First Nation is seeking 1 FTE Grade 5-6 Teacher commencing August 28, 2017, 1 FTE Literacy Teacher commencing August 28, 2017 and 1 FTE Grade 2-3 Teacher (covering a 1 year maternity leave) commenting August 28, 2017, and 1 FTE Language/Cultural/Educational Assistant Teacher commencing August 28, 2017.
- Current Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario College of Teachers with Primary/Junior qualifications.
- Reading and Special Education qualifications are also an asset.
- Experience with differentiated instruction and aboriginal education.
- Experience teaching multi-grade classrooms.
- Developing an effective learning environment for students with a focus on their cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Experience with different learning modalities; incorporate various methods of instruction, assessment and evaluation.
- Maintain effective classroom routines as well as excellent classroom management skills.
- Effective curriculum planning and daily lesson planning.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm.
- To teach diligently the classes as assigned; to facilitate learning and encourage students to strive for success. Model and espouse the Seven Teachings: love, respect, wisdom, humility, bravery, honesty and truth.
CLOSING DATE: Only applications received by Friday June 30, 2017 will be considered. Please send a cover letter with resume, certificate of qualification for the Ontario College of Teachers, three (3) professional references (one must be your most recent principal), most recent teacher performance appraisal (copies only) and current criminal reference check. Send your package to: Jacky Craig, Principal, Netamisakomik Centre for Education, Box 615, Mobert, ON, P0M 2J0. email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 807-822-2710
We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.