Job Posting – PMFN: Health and Safety Coordinator
*Please note that the deadline for applications for this position has been extended to Friday, May 5, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Due to a realignment of duties, the Pic Mobert First Nation is seeking a highly organized and motivated individual to serve as our Health and Safety Coordinator. The position is based in the Pic Mobert First Nation and will be responsible for providing leadership, direction, training, expertise, development and implementation of health and safety management programs within the Pic Mobert First Nation and its related entities. The Health and Safety Coordinator will also provide leadership and support in managing compliance with all standards and government legislation as it pertains to occupational health and safety, and for generally creating a safe working culture within the organization.
The Health and Safety Coordinator’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining custody of all safety programs and records;
- Reviewing training records to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and standards;
- Where required developing, implementing and maintaining the safety protocols and related training to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and standards;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the safe work practices;
- Being knowledgeable in all relevant OH&S legislation;
- Incorporating best practices into the safety programs;
- Coordinating and/or leading safety policies/practices;
- Compiling and assessing safety data for the purpose of identifying trends so that the organization may take corrective action;
- Participating on behalf of the organization where required in safety-related activities.
These activities will not be limited to but will include activities such as safety meetings, tabletop exercises, emergency responses and investigation/inspections.
This position is designated as ½ time but may be expanded to provide services to related organizations.
The Health and Safety Coordinator should have the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership;
- Knowledge of OH&S legislation and interpretation;
- Safety qualification, such as Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), in place or we will provide training and support for certification;
- Knowledge of hazards and work activities associated with worksites;
- Computer and presentation skills;
- Ability to develop the appropriate safety documentation, including safety manuals, in a concise and complete manner; and
- Ability to identify, develop and/or present required training programs to fulfill customer;
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to travel to job sites within and outside of the community;
- Living a healthy and safe lifestyle.
Applicants will be required to provide a current CPIC criminal records check and clear drug screening test prior to hiring.
Training will be provided to the right person who demonstrates the capabilities and commitment needed to succeed in this position.
Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 25, 2017 – applications can be mailed, or dropped off to the Band Administration office or emailed, but must be received by the deadline to be considered.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Norman Jaehrling, CEO
Pic Mobert First Nation
P.O. Box 717
Mobert, Ontario P0M 2J0
Tel: (807) 822-2134
Fax: (807) 822-2850
Applications must be clearly marked: Competition/Health and Safety Coordinator. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.